A Kyoto Tour Only for You
There are a lot of wonderful places in this ancient capital.
Please tell me your interest, a government licensed tour guide will make an itinerary exclusively for you!
6200Yen/Hour (max. 4 people.)
Please see the details here.
If you don't know where to go, check out my tour
- Edwina from the United States Dec. 28th.2016 ★★★★★ (5/5)
- “ Kyoto Highlights ”
Makoon went above and beyond to make sure we had a pleasant and fulfilling tour of highlights of Kyoto. His flexibility, thoughtfulness and knowledge really made the tour memorable. He went out of his way to pick us up at the Kyoto Train Station, took photographs of our family and sent them immediately, and could answer all our questions, no matter how obscure. He was definitely hospitable, helping us from way before the trip with our questions and concerns with our hotel choice, restaurant bookings, and other factors which allowed our vacation to proceed without a single problem.
- Victor from Australia. Dec. 19th.2016 ★★★★★ (5/5)
- “ Excellent private tour guide who takes care of what you really want! ”
Masaki is one of the best private tour guide and interesting person I've met. He gave my wife and I personalized itinerary and took professional photos for us on all the hot spots around Kyoto. We loved every bit of this experience and well worth the value. Recommend this to everyone who wishes to see the best bits of Kyoto.
- Tan from the Malysia Dec.1st.2016 ★★★★ (4/5)
- “ A day in Kyoto ”
Makoon was a great guide during our recent stay in Kyoto. He is knowledgeable of the historical sites and it's culture. Other than being a guide, he was also our photographer :) Many thanks for taking the pics for us. Highly recommendable to my friends who plan to visit Kyoto. Stay in touch, Makoon.
- Tan from the United States. Nov.23rd.2016 ★★★★★ (5/5)
- “ Great guide - knowledgeable and friendly ”
We booked a whole day tour with Masaki Makoon to see Kyoto. We only had one day to spend there, so it was important to have someone with a car. Makoon met us right outside of the gate at Kyoto Station with a sign with the name of my entire family of four (2 kids ages 7 and 11). Upon meeting us, he provided everyone with their own itinerary and schedule of the tour. We were pretty aggressive in trying to see four major sites during an official holiday for Japan, but Makoon was able to navigate us safely through. In addition to the tour, he also reserved a great local restaurant based on the request we provided before the tour. The lunch was the best food we had during our 7 day trip in Japan. The one added bonus is that Makoon also brings his own camera during the tour and is constantly taking pictures of my family. Within 1 hour of the tour ending, he had already uploaded all the pictures and video to his dropbox to share with me. This service was free as part is his tour. In conclusion, you will not find a better guide to explore Kyoto with. He is very responsive (sent his initial introductory email within 30 mins of booking), extremely safe driver, knowledgeable and will work around your schedule and dietary needs. Thank you Makoon for such a great and memorable day in Kyoto.
- Heidi from the United States. Nov.9th.2016 ★★★★★ (5/5)
- “ Far Exceeded my Expectations!! ”
This was my first trip to Japan. I was visiting alone and wanted the most out of the experience. It was also my first time to use a tour guide. The experience was incredible! Masaki was so easy to work with. The strong communication prior to my arrival allowed me to relax and enjoy the plans. Since he has his own vehicle we were able to visit many sites and not worry about how to get around. I was so pleasantly surprised upon meeting Masaki that he has a personalized brochure created to share information about the day and historical information on each site we were visiting. This experience was so incredible and Masaki was an exceptional host and guide. I would highly recommend to anyone visiting. Thank you again, Masaki. Heidi Albee
- Victoria from Phillipines Nov.2th.2016 ★★★★★ (5/5)
- “ Excellent Guide ”
Masaki was an excellent guide ! He showed us everything that we wanted to see.
- David from the United States. Oct.30th.2016 ★★★★★ (5/5)
- “ A very well planned day of touring ”
Masaki-san put together a brilliant plan for the day based on advanced communication with me. We were able to see a great deal more than I could have ever hoped to on my own. Having his own car for transportation meant much less hassle in getting from place to place. His knowledge level and enjoyable personality also made the day a great one. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone and I hope to tour with him again soon
- Ivo from Bulgaria. Oct.16th.2016 ★★★★★ (5/5)
- “ Amazing day in Kyoto! ”
We asked Masaki /Makoon for his services at the last moment. He was very responsive and quick with his answers. He drove us around in his own car, which was very convenient. He knows a lot and his english is perfect. He is a great guide and you wouldn't go wrong in hiring him.
- John from the United States Oct.13th.2016 ★★★★★ (5/5)
- “ " Kyoto Day Tour " ”
Masaki " Makoon" did an amazing job as our tour guide in Kyoto. Driving his car was pretty convenient since we were able to see many different places in 1 day. He has an in depth Knowledge of the sights we visited. He's nice and funny and we really enjoyed the sushi experienced. Bringing his camera was also an added plus since he took pictures of us and send it back digitally. He's also very flexible with his time. You cannot go wrong if you utilize his services.
- Karen from Australia. Oct.1st.2016 ★★★★★ (5/5)
- “ 10/10 AMAZING ”
The tour with Makoon was fantastic. We had 2 adults and a teenage son so with only 2 full days in Kyoto we had to fit in all the main sights in 1 day. Makoon did an excellent job explaining the history of each place and he made it very entertaining. He was very knowledgable and very patient with us. Having a car was just great as he parked very close to most sights. We would highly recommend Makoon as your tour guide in Kyoto. 10/10
- Amanda from the United States. Sep.7th.2016 ★★★★★ (5/5)
- “ Wonderful guide in Kyoto ”
We had such a great time with Makoon, and I can't recommend him as a guide highly enough. He helped us put together an itinerary based on our ideal day and his recommendations. We had a really fun time enjoying the sights, eating great food, and listening to the history of Kyoto. Having him as our guide was easy and like adding another friend to the group... one with a lot of knowledge about Kyoto. :) Makoon also brought along his camera and snapped lots of photos of our group throughout the day, which we really appreciated. We now have several great group photos within the shrines to commemorate our trip. Thank you for everything!
- Vadim from the United States. Aug.26th.2016 ★★★★★ (5/5)
- Great job! Very happy with our guide! Masaki took us to all the interesting places in and around Kyoto. Very good communicator and great attitude all around. We've seen a lot in one day, learned a lot and had a great time overall! Big thank you! Highly recommend!!!
- Kasey from the United States. Jul.27th.2016 ★★★★★ (5/5)
- Masaki was AMAZING !!! A "not to miss" if you are in Kyoto !!! He was a true gift during our trip. His command of the English language is excellent, and understanding of both cultures unparralleled. His knowledge of the area is vast. He is very accommodating with the age range in our group (16 yrs old - 56 yrs old) and his planning and follow through are impeccable!!! He even helped us plan the rest of our trip and assist with purchasing our train tickets. Riding in his private car with air conditioning was a real treat!!! If in Kyoto again will defiently plan with Masaki !!!
- Gap from the United States. Jul.18th.2016 ★★★★★ (5/5)
- The tour is very flexible and very organized. Makoon picked us up from the hotel with his car so theres no need for public transportation. He reserved a walking tour for us at santory beer factory. He also help us with many side requests like reserving seats at the restaurants and helping us with directions. These will not be possible with other tour guide. Thank you makoon!